We wanted to write this blog for two reasons. The first was to thank everyone – our team members, clients, suppliers, families. You supported us when we were down, cheered us when we rallied, believed in us during tough times. The second is to share with you why we took this decision of becoming one with Aon and what does it mean for each one of you.
Aon Hewitt was actively looking for a partner to build a comprehensive solution in hiring assessments. Employability and job readiness is seen as the #1 challenge by their clients not just in India but in several markets across Asia Pacific. At the entry level, this problem is even more acute due to the dispersed nature of the market.
This resonated with us. Aon Hewitt’s focus on assessments as a priority area, complementary product strengths and global reach fit our needs perfectly. In addition, with Aon Hewitt we can keep the CoCubes brand alive, well beyond each one of us. So we started the conversation and landed on today!
Which brings us to sharing why we believe this is a positive outcome for everyone involved.
Happy Customers = ‘good product’ + ‘personalized delivery’ + ‘frequent analytics’
CoCubes business has 3 pillars – corporate, colleges (students) and vocational assessments.
- Assessment+: Working as one team, Aon Hewitt and CoCubes will be able to serve India Inc. with assessments across the employee lifecycle: hiring, assessment and development
- PRE-ASSESS: With a combined base of over 1500 corporate clients in India, we will be able to drive higher market penetration of PRE ASSESS, hence providing more opportunities for every student
- Vocational Assessments: Aon Hewitt’s 30 years of experience in assessments sharpens our assessment creation engine to drive continuous improvement in RoI
Our commitment to our employees, their growth and careers is visible in the fact that our leadership has an average tenure of over five years in a nine-year-old company. In Aon Hewitt we found the perfect partner to take this forward. Like us, Aon Hewitt believes in building from within, not just providing jobs but meaningful careers.
Aon Hewitt’s global presence will help us provide every employee with access to more career opportunities. We will be better positioned to invest in the learning and development of each individual as we continue on our journey. Yet, we will ensure that work is always fun.
Clubbing both Vibhore and myself with the team - from a very personal standpoint this reduces our risk in life. We can pat our backs for choosing the path of entrepreneurship.
- 1 Stop: With expertise in technical, vocational, leadership, cognitive and behavioral assessments we provide a seamless solution. This unique offering will propel us towards market leadership.z
- 1 Mission: We come together with the shared vision of solving the employability challenge that faces our clients; colleges, corporates, SSCs and students.
- 1 Up: Together we are best positioned to disrupt the entry level hiring landscape through innovation, remote proctoring, seamless sourcing and filtration and much more.
So what is going on in our minds right now? Well, we are happy, we are glad that this is happening. We are looking forward to work with the Aon Hewitt team. We are sure there will be changes and challenges. After all when companies and cultures meet, this is bound to happen. We are looking forward to working through them.
9 years is 12%-15% of one’s life. We are happy to have built a company which has happy customers and happy team members. Some of the things that we have always heard about CoCubes are that there is no politics, one can speak their mind, ability is valued and promises are kept.
To promises kept and the road ahead.
Harpreet and Vibhore
P.S.: Read more about Aon Hewitt’s acquisition of CoCubes in the press release here.